Originally an American holiday conjured to celebrate fathers the world over, much like Mother’s day, Father’s Day is celebrated on the 15th June in the UK. It’s a day to honour those who provide, protect and love… or just dance awkwardly at family dos and tell embarrassing jokes.
Fun Facts About Fathers
- Winnie the Pooh was inspired by A.A Milne’s son, Christopher Robin, who had a penchant for bears.
- Apparently every 1 in 2 men will become fathers to an avergae of two kids during their lifetime.
- It is estimated that the perceptions of dads feeling they lack quality time with their children doubles that of women.
- Father’s day was conceived in Washington by Sonora Dodd over a century ago as a response to the abundance of Mother’s Day attention and lack of representation for dads.
- Hallmark, the famous card company, claims that Father’s Day is its fifth busiest card-sending period.
- Ties are the most gifted item on Father’s Day – time for the tie to move over and make way for jewellery!
There is nothing more attractive than a dedicated dad. Check out these famous celebrity fathers and their beautiful offspring –
- David Beckham – National treasure and footballer father to Romeo, Brooklyn, Cruz and Harper not to mention being married to the most fashionable Spice Girl.
- Brad Pitt – father to six, yes SIX children! Pax, Knox, Maddox, Vivienne, Zahara and Shiloh must be a real handful but fair play to Brad and Angelina who always seem to stay cool and collected.
- Will Smith – talk about talented kids, Will Smith’s children Willow and Jaden are both in the public eye as pop star and actor respectively.
Famous or not, fathers across the globe deserve a celebratory day and to mark it we like to give treats to our dear old dads.
Gift Ideas for Father’s Day
Whatever kind of dad you have, Gemondo has set out to find a designer jewellery item for them all. Forget the usual pocket squares, socks and golf clubs. Men’s jewellery offers class, functionality and sentimentality.
For dapper dads – cufflinks will finish off all suited and booted styles. If your dad is a snazzy dresser, try some Baldessarini cufflinks.
For the outdoor adventurer – leather cord hung pendants, dog tags, chains and necklaces will go the distance when worn by active dads. This anchor pendant and wooden bullet necklace would bring out an energetic side.
For the dad who has it all – Chains and leather bracelets with statement animal emblems are great for everyday wear and tear but also showcase individuality. Check out these Cai Men designs
Fashion forward – statement and signet rings for the dedicated follower of fashion. Browse our bestselling styles for men in stainless steel and brushed metals with carved stone detailing guaranteed to impress.
If you want to see more great gift ideas in men’s jewellery look no further than Gemondo.